Continuing with my theme this week about saving time cooking supper here is a tray bake recipe. Recipes that allow you to put a complete meal into the oven for thirty minutes or more is ideal to have in your recipe bank for quick simple suppers on weekday evenings.
Here is an example of one such recipe – but try experimenting with different vegetables and flavours to create a different recipe using the same technique.
- 2 tbsp for olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion
- boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 250g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 courgette
- 4 garlic cloves – squashed
- 2 tbsp of chopped oregano
- 1/2 a lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 ciabatta, torn into chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 220c, gas mark 7. Combine the oil and balsamic vinegar. peel and then cut the onion into 8 chunks. Put the onion and all the remaining ingredients into the baking tray and drizzle over the oil and vinegar mix. Finally season the ingredients with salt and pepper.
2. Roast for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and turning golden brown.
Serve with a green salad.