Methods Of termite control for a termite free home
With time, even a new house turns old, and at times, we are worried to see that its integrity is compromised by termite invasions. It feels sad to see the house which is made with our hard-earned money is turning to dirt day by day. Termites are pesky enemies that are minute in size, but so subtle that they might not be visible until years of damage have already been done. Massive amount of destruction can be created by termites, and hence termite control is given a lot of importance by homeowners and builders these days. Homeowners consider their control as a continuous process and not a one-time affair. There are many ways in which such infestations can be controlled.
Termite Control Methods Proposed:
1) Begin with a good Prevention Process- The first step to termite control is a robust prevention strategy. Prevention of termite means deployment of some measures that will make the property non conducive so the termites cannot hide out anymore. Setting the debris or wood materials far from the property is one such method. Another way people keep termites far is by using sand and creating a barrier. Burying of raw fish organs or any dead animals in the soil can also act as a barrier to the termites.
2) A good assessment is the key to success- Termite control becomes complex when people start employing control measures without any assessment. If you are suspecting that there might be termites in your property, then it is a good idea to inspect its intensity and coverage first. To most of us, this task can be daunting, and hence calling up a professional team for an assessment can help immensely.
3) Bait method to end termites- This is indeed a very popular method where baiting is used. So. the wood that is already treated is brought out and kept as bait. This method has been tried by termite control professionals time and again. It is true that it does not work out every time, but there is a high probability of this working. Wood treated is the bait that is kept so termites get attracted towards it and ingest on this wood. So, the chemicals which are ingested can be passed on to these termites and then can be controlled.
4) The best time is always the fastest time- The best time when a homeowner must start managing termite is as soon as it is possible. It is hence always better to go for regular termite control inspection at intervals. This can be done one or two times in a year to avoiding a massive infestation. Making the house or any property termite proof is extremely important. People often choose chemically ingested wood materials for preventing termite spread.
5) Control food and you can control termites- It is worth sharing that termites usually get attracted and follow food. So, all the sources of food might be probably having an accumulation of termites as well. The food here is not human food. Rather it is the soft and damp wood which is the ideal place of termites to grow. It is also very important for making sure that the house is free of soft or damp wood, and then automatically it will also have no termite invasions.
These termite control methods must be tried if infestations are detected early or at moderate stages. However, if they are not detected early and the infestation has gone beyond control, then the service providers might even suggest that you have to replace massive areas of the house to control the spread. This can all become too expensive for you. Hence the earlier it is detected and resolved, the better it is.