Family holidays are expensive and hard work. They can be fun, exhausting and stressful so making sure you make the most of your long earned break is really important.
The trouble is there are so many things to think of before you go away which means that quite often you spend the first half of the holiday recovering from actually the act of going on holiday.
So here are a few tips which may help you have a Stress Free Family Holiday.
1. I know it is obvious but Plan Plan Plan- well ahead of time.
2. Have different lists. Lists of what to pack and what needs to be done before you go away.
3. Arrange for clothes that are going to be taken on holiday to be “taken out of service”. The idea being you leave as little as you can to the last-minute.
4. Whether you are going by car, train or plane – it is worth taking a few nibbles to eat along the way.
5. When packing tick off or write everything down as you pack items in the case. It saves loads of time repacking and checking that you have packed everything as you can not quite remember what you have packed.
6. Always take your own medical kit.
7. A nightlight which you can plug-in so people can find their way around at night when they are in unfamiliar surroundings.
8. Pack travel games, cards, Pass the Pigs is one of our favourites, and colouring pens and pencils. Have a couple of puzzle books handy.
9. Finally take a photo of your kids – just in case they get themselves lost
10. And have a copy of your doctors and your medical insurance document details handy.
By adopting these tips you will find that there are a few less things to worry about and will help to make your family holiday more stress free.