Some cooks just have the knack of making their food really tasty. And sometimes even the simplest of dishes can become very special. Here are some tasty food cheats that use store cupboard ingredients to add lots of flavour to your food.
1. Add a teaspoon of mayonnaise to every two eggs when you are making scrambled eggs for a really creamy taste.
2. To add just a hint of garlic to a salad crush a garlic clove and rub it round the salad bowl before you toss the salad.
3. Pep up dried stuffing by adding a handful of sultanas or chopped nuts or a couple of tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
4. Add a sweet taste to carrots by adding half a cup of orange juice to the boiling water.
5. Tuck orange or lemon slices under the skin of a chicken before you roast it for a delicious citrus flavour.
6. Add a little grated orange or lemon zest to stewed apple
7. Add a few drops of almond extract and a few flaked almonds to the crumble mix when making apple crumble. The almond flavour complements the apple.
8. And finally stir a couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate into chilli con carne for a rich flavour.