Want to save money and water then take a look at the following tips and visit the link below to get your free water saving pack from your local water supplier.
- When you are washing your hands, don’t let the water run while you lather.
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, washing your face/hands or shaving. The easiest of them all, this takes zero effort!
- Spreading a layer of mulch around plants retains moisture and saves water, time and money.
- Hoeing stimulates the growth of plants, reduces water loss from the soil surface and removes weeds that take up valuable water and nutrients.
- Adjust your lawn mower to a higher setting. A taller lawn shades roots and holds soil moisture better than if it is closely clipped.
- When you wash your hands, use the plug rather than just running the tap as it’ll save you money.
- Think before throwing used water down the drain. Water in a pan after cooking could be reused for watering plants around the house or garden, when cooled down.
- If you have a dishwasher, use it! An efficient dishwasher can use as little as 10% of the water needed to wash-up in the sink.