An alternative to one pot stew suppers are tray bakes. They are tasty, simple to make and very healthy. The following recipe is a one which can be varied to use different vegetables or herbs. Great to use up things which need to be used up in the fridge.
Makes a fantastic easy to cook supper for weekday evenings.
- 2 tbsp for olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion
- boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 250g tomatoes
- 1 courgette / or carrots, potatoes cubed, or other root vegetables
- 4 garlic cloves – squashed
- 2 tbsp of chopped oregano
- 1/2 a lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 ciabatta, torn into chunks/ instead of ciabatta try adding a little sliced chorizo or bacon.
1. Preheat the oven to 220c, gas mark 7. Combine the oil and balsamic vinegar. peel and then cut the onion into 8 chunks. Put the onion and all the remaining ingredients into the baking tray and drizzle over the oil and vinegar mix. Finally season the ingredients with salt and pepper.
2. Roast for 35 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and turning golden brown.
Serve with a green salad.