Quick Recipes Tips For Busy Mums – How to add extra flavour to food.
Here are some simple ingredients that you can add to every day dishes to add flavour to food naturally.
1. Add a teaspoon of mayonnaise to every two eggs when you are making scrambled eggs for a really creamy taste.
2. To add just a hint of garlic to a salad crush a garlic clove and rub it round the salad bowl before you toss the salad.
3. Pep up dried stuffing by adding a handful of sultanas or chopped nuts or a couple of tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
4. Add a sweet taste to carrots by adding half a cup of orange juice to the boiling water.
5. Tuck orange or lemon slices under the skin of a chicken before you roast it for a delicious citrus flavour.
6. Add a little grated orange or lemon zest to stewed apple
7. Add a few drops of almond extract and a few flaked almonds to the crumble mix when making apple crumble. The almond flavour complements the apple.
8. And finally stir a couple of squares of good quality dark chocolate into chilli con carne for a rich flavour.