Here are some quick cleaning kitchen tips for those horrid household chores.
- Put a bowl of boiling water in the oven after each use – especially after something like a roast. When the oven and the water has cooled remove the bowl of water and you will find that all you will need to do is give the oven a quick wipe with a damp cloth. Even if you forget to wipe the oven until the next day the dirty steam will just stick on the surfaces until you next open your oven door and you can still wipe it away.
Try investing in an oven liner for the bottom of the grill and oven. These are inexpensive and can be taken and washed or wiped clean in just a few minutes.
- If you have poured grease down your sink, avoid blocking the U-bend by swishing half a pack of soda crystals followed by boiling water.
- To remove limescale wipe white vinegar around the offending item and leave for a couple of hours. The limescale will dissolve without rubbing.
- To remove sticky labels, or anything stick stuck to glass or similar wipe with white vinegar and leave for five minutes and then rub with cotton wool or a paper towel.
- If you are a fan of multi purpose wipes then look out for the ones called Method. They can be used without gloves and are completely biodegradable and non toxic.
- To have a lovely fresh smelling home but don’t like the ideas of chemicals in fresh air sprays or plug ins take a look at the following range of aromatherapy products with are made with completely organic ingredients from Neals Yard Organic.