How to make a New Years Resolution’s – and make change happen
Are you one of those people who have the same New Years Resolutions every year and then by the February you have given up.
Well join the club .
It is not because we don’t want to achieve our goals – it is just that life gets in the way and of course it is difficult to change habits of a lifetime.
Having said that it is not impossible to make dramatic long-term changes to your life, but before you embark on this years goals try doing a review of last years New Year Resolutions. Even if they are identical to this years.
So rewind back to last years New Years Resolution’s
Ask yourself the following questions around the following goals.
- How much or little have you achieved in the last twelve months relating to a particular New Years resolution?
- What challenges have you faced in trying to achieve your goals?
- What lessons did you learn?
- How could you do things differently?
More important than any New Years Resolutions you may set is taking time to review the last twelve months by asking yourself the following questions.
- What have been the highlights and life time memories you will take from the last twelve months?
- What challenges did you face – and how did you cope?
- Are there any recurring situations or patterns?
- What actions do you need to take to prevent these situations repeating themselves?
- How have you grown or improved?
- Have this years goals changed or remained the same?
Spending a little time reviewing the last twelve months will put you on the road to understanding what you can to do to help yourself stick to this years New Years Resolutions. Of course you may decide to alter them slightly or bin them for a completely different New Years Resolutions you have a chance of sticking to.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.