Home microdermabrasion – your top secret weapon for young skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body; it helps protect us against the pollutants in the air, protects our organs against damage, as well as helps secrete toxic waste from our body in the form of sweat. It is time for you to repay your skin by taking care of it the right way. Your skin is the first thing that many people may notice about you, and since it experiences a lot of wear and tears in daily life, it is essential to provide it with love and nourishment. As pollution in the air has increased along with stressors in everyday life, your skin is the one facing the brunt of it all.
Wouldn’t it be nice if you could erase all of the damage to your skin and rewind to the past? Well, now you can. It is not impossible for you to shave off years form your skin anymore. Instead of having to drink different types of tea and rubbing all kinds of hair masks on your face, you can now opt for a treatment known as Microdermabrasion to help your skin feel brand new.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
If you want your skin to feel silky and soft, then this treatment should be your go-to process. It helps in deeply cleansing your skin; even your pores will be cleaned inside and out! The best part about microdermabrasion is that it can also be done within the comfort of your own home.
It helps you gain long-term results to make your skin look younger and better for months. This procedure has gained a lot of popularity because of how effective it is. It is used to treat conditions such as fine scars, mild acne, and hyperpigmentation. The microdermabrasion treatment also helps in fighting signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines.
How does microdermabrasion work?
Microdermabrasion works in the same way as facial scrubs do. The crystals used during this treatment can remove the top layer of cells of your skin in a non-aggressive way. The microdermabrasion machines pump out crystals that exfoliate the face while simultaneously sucking in the used crystals as well as dead skin, to ensure deep exfoliation. The procedure is a controlled abrasion process that is safe and sanitary when performed correctly.
Does this procedure hurt?
When people look at the words “abrasion” and “removal of top layer” they are bound to be wary of the procedure because of intense pain. However, although the process may cause mild discomfort, it is not supposed to cause any excessive pain.
How long do I need to pursue the treatment?
The length of the microdermabrasion treatment will depend on your skin type and skin condition. Usually, intense sessions of microdermabrasion are conducted twice a month for at least 60 days, although it may be more for you. Once the initial sessions have been completed, a gentle facial that includes microdermabrasion each month will help you maintain your results for as long as you desire.
What does an at-home microdermabrasion kit consist of?
Since microdermabrasion can also be conducted at home, many people opt to go for that route. If you are one who plans on using a microdermabrasion kit at home, then you can expect your kit to contain the following:
- A granular skin exfoliating cream
- A hand-held applicator
- A soothing cream to be applied after the procedure
- A pamphlet or book of instructions
Why do people opt for home microdermabrasion treatment?
Microdermabrasion is an intensive treatment, and many must be wondering why people would opt to do it at home instead of going to a professional. While it is true that an expert may be able to yield better results and be able to give you a customised treatment based on your skin type and problems, at home microdermabrasion treatments do have a few advantages:
- The machine is available for you at all hours of the day. Hence, you can treat your skin more often, and whenever you want. You do not have to work around a fixed schedule. Instead, you can squeeze in a little session whenever you have the time.
- Since you will be doing it at home, you will be able to treat your skin in areas other than your face whether you want to give your whole body a deep exfoliation or stick to one spot, it is up to you.
- Many machines now come with diamond tips (which, in the case of some devices, may be synthetic tip diamonds rather than natural) that are much more effective than blasting your skin with crystals.
- The home microdermabrasion kits can also come with preset settings that ensure that you do not cause any damage to the skin if you have not been professionally trained on how you should use a microdermabrasion machine.
How Do I For This Treatment At Home?
If you are using an at-home kit, and have never used this procedure before, then it may be difficult for you to know how to proceed. This is what you need to do to establish your at home microdermabrasion routine:
- Make sure that your skin is clean by using a cleanser that is fragrance and oil free. Ensure that it is not too harsh on your skin and does not cause it to dry out since that will make your skin more sensitive to the microdermabrasion process.
- Use a soft face towel to pat and dry your skin thoroughly. Your skin should be free of any wetness to ensure the effectiveness of the procedure.
- If your kit s a cream only kit, then you will need to use your fingertips to gently exfoliate the skin, and ensure that you cover your face and neck
- If you have a kit that uses a machine, then you need to set the device to your desired preset setting, and then apply it directly onto your skin. You have to move the machine in an upward and circular machine, ensuring that you only make one or two passes on the skin. When the machine is turned on you may feel a slight sucking sensation.
- After you have covered the entire treatment area, use a toner to restore the skins pH levels, and then need the necessary oils and healing cream.
- Ensure that you moisturise your skin with a fragrance-free, non-comedogenic cream to help your skin stay hydrated.
It is essential that you read the instruction which comes with your kit, since the steps may vary depending on the kit that you have. It is also vital for you to ensure that you leave at least 2 weeks (or more) between each session with the machine.
Microdermabrasion is an effective treatment for youthful skin. It not only helps you remove the damaged cells from your skin but makes your skin care regime a lot more effective. It is a procedure that deeply exfoliates your skin to leave it feeling softer, younger and smoother. The procedure can be performed safely at home so that you can take care of your skin in a private and more comfortable setting.