Why you should adopt some energy boosting tips
As a mum on the go making sure you have lots of energy to tackle everything which you need to do on a daily basis is really important. Adopting a regime of simple energy boosting tips will increase your stamina and also lift your mood.
Most of the time we end up doing many things in our day to day lives out of habit. So adopting some new energy boosting tips may require a little planning to ensure you are able to enforce your energy boosting project. However if you get into the habit – which generally means doing something for around a month then your new regime will become part of your day to day life.
Energy levels and cravings
If you find yourself craving for caffeine and sweets almost hour to hour you may well be using caffeine to boost your energy levels.
The thing is the energy spike on this kind of diet will be short-lived and leave you feeling good for maybe half an hour or so, but then fatigue will set in as your blood sugar drops, followed by irritability and the pull for another cup of coffee or something sweet.
Trying to ditch the caffeine and sweet treat habit may not be that easy – but if you can manage it, the benefits are great. More energy, better skin, better digestion and a likely increased metabolism.
Daily energy boosting tips
In the morning
- Use a citrus body wash when you hit the shower in the morning.
- Take a probiotic on an empty stomach it will stop you bloating.
- Before breakfast drink some lemon and ginger tea. This is good for the digestion and circulation.
- Opt for an oats based cereal, granola or porridge. It will fill you up and keep your energy levels high till lunchtime.
- Add a banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Cinnamon has many amazing health benefits, and help with your energy levels.
During the day
- Make sure you are getting enough Vitamin B. If your diet is rich in Vitamin B rich foods or you are taking a vitamin B supplement you will feel less lethargic and be able to manage day-to-day stress more effectively. Here is some information on foods rich in Vitamin B.
- If possible try to walk part of the way to work, school or at least get a few minutes fresh air in the morning. Taking light exercise in the morning will help keep you fit as well as getting oxygen into your body and brain.
- During the day snack on seeds and nuts to keep your energy levels up.
- Ditch the coffee and try to drink herbal teas or water.
- If you have a lunch break take yourself outside for ten minutes. Get some fresh air or try to spend time sitting quietly and clear your mind with a little meditation.
Late afternoon and evening
- If you find yourself having a late afternoon energy slump tuck into a yogurt or a banana to keep yourself going until tea time.
- When the kids are in bed treat yourself to a bath and pop some revitalising oils into a burner or diffuser. You will be amazed at how good they will make you feel. You can find out more about aromatherapy oils here
Try the above energy boosting tips for a month. You will find your energy levels increase and you will have more stamina to face busy days.