Is your head is full of things you need to do? Little jobs, errands and stuff which need to be completed, in the next couple of days, and certainly before Christmas. Here are a few tips to help you stop feeling overwhelmed.
1. Write a To Do List and include absolutely everything on it which you need to get done.
2. Prioritise everything by how important and urgent it is.Discard anything that can wait until after Christmas. Be brutal and if it can wait or it really does not matter too much, leave it.
3. Schedule time for yourself to relax – even if it is only for a fifteen minutes. (You need to make sure you have charged up your own batteries.)
4. Visualise how you want your Christmas to be. Think about the difficult situations you may be confronted with, and focus on positive outcomes and possible solutions.
5. Even if you feel stressed and overwhelmed – smile. Take a few deep breaths, this will help to reduce your stress levels.
6. Focus on what is going right, not what is going wrong.
7. Be grateful for all the good stuff in your life. There is always someone in a more difficult or challenging situation than you.
8. Don’t sweat the small stuff. And actually most stuff is small stuff.