Are your breasts sagging? Find causes and treatment here.
As women get older, they start to witness sagginess in their breasts. It is an entirely natural procedure that happens with age. However, some factors promote your bust to droop before time. Some women are okay with the birth process, but others do not like their drooping breasts. If you are experiencing breast ptosis at an early age, it is probably because of pregnancy, weight loss, or other similar factors. The advancement in medical sciences has developed different treatments to treat ptosis. This article mentions the leading causes and available treatment options to get a lifted chest. Read on!
What are the causes of sagginess in your bust?
The presence of Cooper’s ligament is responsible for keeping the bust tight and lifted. With time this ligament starts to stretch out, thus making the chest droop. There are various misconceptions about the causes of breast sagging. Patients who got their breast lift by Dr. Ringler shared how the doctor cleared their misconception about breastfeeding being one of the causes. But medical providers have done a thorough research and found the true causes of the drooping bust. The causes include:
- Aging: Your bust naturally starts to sag as the breasts lose fat after the mid-thirties.
- Gravity: As the bust loses the fat and the cooper’s ligament stretches out, gravitational pull makes the breasts droop.
- Estrogen deficiency: As you enter menopause, the estrogen level decreases in your body. As a result, the bust sags.
- Collagen deficiency: It is responsible for providing structure to breasts and skin. As you age, your body naturally creases the production of this vital protein. So, you experience breast sagging.
- Pregnancy: It causes the ligaments to stretch, and the ramp-up in hormones causes the glands to swell up to fill the breast milk. Thus, after your delivery and breastfeeding, the breasts sag. You know that pregnancy hormones and weight are the main reasons you have a drooping bust and not breastfeeding.
Treatments to improve the strength of your bust
From exercise to cosmetic surgeries and the proper clothing, several things can help you get a firmer bust. These are:
- Cosmetic treatment: You can choose from several surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments for lifting breasts, such as breast lift, breast augmentation, laser treatments, botox injection, etc. you can consult your doctors and share your expectations from the treatment for better suggestions.
- Exercise to maintain weight: Not losing or gaining weight helps retain the breast firmness. It would help if you kept a healthy weight to prevent stretching of the bust ligaments.
- Choose comfortable and fitting clothing: It is especially critical for people who do high intensity workouts. You should choose an article of supportive clothing that helps keep your breasts in place and reduce breast motion.
- Quit smoking: it is one primary reason people experience early aging signs. Smoking accentuates the aging process and destroys elastin in the body. Elastin helps keep the skin supple. In addition, it also causes breast ligaments to lose their firmness.
Many women want to work on ways that help them get a firmer bust. Some women with level 1 ptosis find a well-fitting garment for themselves and solve the sagging issues. At the same time, others with higher levels look for treatments to get rid of the sagginess. We advise you to connect with your doctor and discuss the best available treatment, depending on your health condition.