Working with cleaning products is a serious matter for people with asthma, but chemicals found in them can irritate
anyone. If you have experienced burning sensations in your eyes, nose, throat or on skin while using cleaners, then you have some idea of their potential to trigger worse symptoms for anyone with respiratory difficuties.
They can cause hair loss. Some of these substances have been linked to psychological disorders, cancer and birth defects. We may not necessarily be allergic to the chemicals, but they still can be irritating. If inhaled, ingested, or absorbed through the skin in great enough concentrations, they can damage organs, even cause death in small children.
Asthma and allergy sufferers have enough to manage without added triggers setting off more symptoms. Here you can learn about chemicals found in cleaning products that irritate the body inside and outside, aggravate existing allergy symptoms and in some cases threaten life, and you can learn natural alternatives to using them.