10 Ways to Avoid Spending a Fortune on Travel Costs by Debra Thomson
More and more holiday makers turn to the internet to book their holidays online. With most people having access to the internet there are endless choices of where to shop. Flights, accommodation and car hire can all be booked from their own living rooms, without ever leaving the house. Now more than ever, we are choosing to holiday abroad.
There is often a rush to obtain the cheapest airfare on-line, and now there are more choices for the consumer we are able to research and specify our own criteria for our individual travel needs.
If you are currently looking for a cheap airfare, here are some tips that may help you to achieve this.
1. Firstly, try to be flexible with your dates of departure. Unfortunately, if you cannot be flexible with your leaving date you may end up paying more.
2. If you can leave a day before or a day after it can often mean that you will end up paying a lower fare.
3. If you are booking a long or short-haul flight, you should book it 30 days before you want to depart, by doing this you will be able to obtain a lower priced fare.
4. Joining a website’s Travel Deal or Newsletter listing will ensure that you receive the latest airfares and vacation deals straight to your inbox.
5. The sooner you book your vacation package, the more likely you are to obtain a discounted deal. Last minute deals are easy to obtain if there are no limitations on your departure or arrival dates. In the past, if you stayed over on a Saturday night, you got a cheaper deal but that is not necessarily the case any more.
6. If you fly in the mid-week, you may be able to obtain a cheaper package deal or airfare. Departing on a day on the weekend is always more costly, this is because there are a lot of people going on short weekend vacations.
7. Sometimes being flexible about what airport you arrive at will enable you to get you a cheaper fare. It is very simple and easy to pick up taxis, buses or car rentals to your destination from these airports.
8. If you are flying one-way, just check the round-trip price, more than often one-way fares cost more than the cost of a round trip, also consider a connecting flight, you can sometimes save money by booking in this way. You will be able to obtain discounted fares for worldwide flights and make savings.
9. Although this cannot be avoided at times, try to steer clear of departing in the school holidays. This is the period that is popular with most holiday makers, these are the dates where the fares are the most expensive. Try to rearrange your leaving date to anytime before this peak season begins.
10. Shop on a website that gives you multiple tour operators in one location to avoid looking on multiple sites, or a site which offers a price comparison option
There is no quick way to find the cheapest holiday and travel, but you must always compare prices amongst the websites, and that has been made so much easier nowadays. Once you know when you want to travel, just look around for the tickets and the earlier, the better, as booking early is another way of making savings. It naturally depends on the amount of time you have for your vacation period and your schedule, but if you are planning on going away in the not to distant future I hope this information helps.
About the Author
Debra Thomson is guaranteed to highlight the best travel deals offered by the Top Tour Operators on the web, in one place. Click here: http://www.villasandapartmentsonline.com